Tracking

Tracking

Thursday, February 16, 2012

OctoberFeast - Not So "Premier"

OctoberFeast Pretzels get "no twists"
I was visiting my sisters this past weekend in California, so naturally we tried to find the "best" pretzel in Berkeley. For the record, Berkeley might be known for a lot of things, but pretzels aren't one of them. The first option  (and most touted bakery), Gaumenkitzel, was closed on Mondays, so we went with the second option: OctoberFeast Bakery.


While it seemed to be a cute little bakery, claiming to be the "premier Bavarian bakery on the West Coast" with all different types of Bavarian breads, it quickly became a not so exciting experience. The only pretzels they had...were the ones on display. The best she could do was suggest I try the croissant as it tasted "sort of like a pretzel" while she was right in that it had a bit of  a pretzel-like taste, it wasn't the same and the croissant was not great enough to want it again. I am not even sure extra salt and cheese-sauce on the side would make me change my mind on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment