Tracking

Tracking

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mellow Mushroom.

Mellow Mushroom pretzels get "four full twists"


It might sound odd to go to a restaurant well known for pizza and beer to find pretzels, but leave it to the Mellow Mushroom to stray from the norm. Located in the pearl, NW 14th and Flanders, this restaurant has a lot to offer in terms of the environment, the waiters, pizza, salad, and of course pretzels. Not only do they have pretzels, but they have both salty AND sugary pretzels. My friend and I ordered not 1 or 2 pretzels, but a dozen...of each. Some of you might be thinking, that's a lot of pretzels and all I have to say is yes, yes it was a lot of pretzels. However, these pretzels had a way of turning a stressful day into a wonderful evening. The dough was absolutely to die for. I prefer soft, squishy (is that an appropriate word to describe food?) dough and this was just perfect. The dipping sauce for the cinnamon and sugar pretzel was honey, which gave it just the right touch (although very sticky). As for the salty pretzels, I didn't get a chance to try until the next day as left overs. But, let's just say these pretzels (with marinara, Parmesan dipping sauce) speak for themselves, as I continued to eat them day after day, until they had somehow all disappeared...oops? I must say that of all the pretzels I have tried so far, the salty ones from Mellow Mushroom are at the top of my book. If anyone is ever in the mood to try this place out, I strongly recommend it AND their pretzels (even if you are full, get a to-go order, you won't regret it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment