Tracking

Tracking

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a little taste of "Germany"




Grüner pretzels get "two twists"


A friend of mine recently took me to a little German place in SW Portland, Grüner Restaurant. This restaurant has a lot of charm and the staff is wonderful! Although these pretzels aren’t on the menu, once you order they bring you a plate full of delicious bread, butter and…low and behold a pretzel. The pretzel was a bit tougher on the outside (apparently this could be a more authentic touch, although I have never been to Germany, so I will take my friend’s word), but had a wonderful, fresh taste and just the right amount of salt. The butter added a nice touch, but when is butter ever a bad idea? I definitely recommend not only the pretzel, but the restaurant itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment