Tracking

Tracking

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Breckenridge Pretzel

It has been quite awhile since I have blogged about my pretzel-eating adventures. However, just because I haven't written doesn't mean I haven't eaten them. So there are several pretzel reviews in my queue...

This past fourth of July I was in Breckenridge, CO with my family, so as a pretzel lover I had to find out whether Breckenridge had any pretzels to offer my taste buds. Downstairs at Eric's came to the rescue. I met up with my friend Kate, who I met in Portland last year during our internship, but who has since moved back to CO. Kate was a big inspiration for my pretzel blog as she too has an affinity for soft pretzels, so naturally a pretzel-reunion was right up our alley. 


For $2.50 you can order a soft pretzel with or without salt (if you read this blog frequently, or know me at all, there is probably no doubt which option I chose.) If you are feeling crazy, you can get cheese or mustard for $1 extra. I have no will power, so the addition of the cheese dipping sauce was a given. The pretzel was OK. Not unexpectedly, it tasted like a ball-park pretzel and the cheese sauce was also pretty concession-stand-esque. Between Kate, her friend, my sisters and I it wasn't hard to finish the pretzel, but I would opt for their nachos over their pretzels any day. I honestly can't vouch for their pretzels, but I will say Eric's is a fun place and I definitely recommend checking it out for its environment, friendly staff, and other menu items.

More Portland-focused pretzel reviews to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment