Tracking

Tracking

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Some OKC Pretzel Love: RePUBlic

Thanks to my little pretzel blog when I travel home or to other cities, people tend to recommend restaurants to me that serve pretzels. A couple of weeks ago I spent a few days in Norman/Oklahoma City and while I lived there for about 5 years it wasn't until this little trip back that my friend introduced me to the Home-Made Pub Pretzel at Republic. In general they have an amazing menu, from salads and burgers to fish and chips. In fact I actually celebrated here after my college graduation but that was before I started rating pretzels as a hobby...

This pretzel was so good. Not only was it super soft and proportionately salty but it was served with Serrano-honey mustard and beer-cheese fondue sauce. I am partial to salt on my pretzel, but add in a mouthwatering cheese-sauce? You have yourself a winning pretzel every time in my book. (Note: For your Portlanders reading this post, I might remind you that Widmer and Deschutes breweries have amazing cheese-sauces to compliment their pretzels.) 

So if anyone reading this post wants to escape the Portland rain and head to Oklahoma City where the weather is sunny and in the 60's, be sure to pop into Republic (5830 N Classen Blvd) and have yourself a nice cold American beer and Home-Made Pub Pretzel! 


P.S. Boomer Sooner ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment