Tracking

Tracking

Friday, April 26, 2013

Twist and Shout! It's National Pretzel Day!

April 26th might be just another day to some people, but for salty carbo loving folks it is a day to celebrate!

This year I decided I would go to a brewery I had never been before - Breakside Brewery. I have heard a lot of people rave about their Bavarian Pretzels so now it's time to put it to the test. Check back next week to see how it stacks up!


On a separate note, I also wanted to take a minute to congratulate a new pretzel-loving friend Andrea Slonecker, who just released a new cookbook Pretzel Making at HomeNeedless to say I am excited to try some of her tasty recipes. Andrea was also recently featured in Portland Monthly Magazine, just in time for National Pretzel Day and low and behold Portland Pretzels got a little shout out! (Huge thanks to Andrea and Portland Monthly Magazine's Allison Jones!) 


Andrea Slonecker: Pretzel Making at Home
If you're celebrating National Pretzel Day send a picture of your tasty-gem to @PDXPretzels and while you're at it, give a little shout out to @AndreaSlonecker, congratulating her on her new cookbook!




No comments:

Post a Comment